On 20th Apr-2015, NSDL has released new RPU utility for e-TDS/ TCS returns for F.Y. 2007-08 onwards. Key features of this utility are:
- Quoting of PAN of responsible person for deducting/ collecting tax.
- Quoting of AIN mandatory only if the TDS/TCS has been deposited by book entry i.e., through transfer voucher.
- Quoting of BIN mandatory only for the statements pertaining to FY 2013-14.
- Update of tax deposit amount in deductee details enabled for the deductee records where tax has been deducted at higher rate.
- Reduction in the applicable list of “Nature of Remittances” (applicable in case of Form no. 27Q).
- Enhancement of deduction allowed under section 80CCE from INR 1,00,000/- to INR 1,50,000/-.
- Incorporation of latest File Validation Utility (FVU) version 4.6 (applicable for TDS/TCS statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 onwards) and FVU version 2.142 (applicable for TDS/TCS statements upto FY 2009-10).