Withdrawal of PF
As per the EPF Rules, you can withdraw your PF money only if
- You do not have job at the time of withdrawal of PF money and 2 months have passed since your last job OR
- You have completed 58 years of age.
It is not mandatory to withdraw PF in 1st case. It depends on you.
If you have joined new job, you will have to get your EPF account transferred to your new employer.
EPF withdrawal (other cases)
There are certain special cases or exigencies have been mentioned for which EPF can be withdrawn. Purpose of withdrawal is almost the same as in the case of PPF but conditions differ. For the following purposes EPF can be withdrawn subject to certain conditions:
- Medical treatment for Self or family (spouse, children, dependent parents).
- Repay a housing loan for a house in the name of self, spouse or owned jointly.
- Marriage or education of self, children or siblings.
Must Read : Some facts about EPF
: EPF Facts 1 – Nomination and Insurance Facility
: EPF Facts 2 – Pension by EPFO
: EPF Facts 3 – No interest on EPS (Employee Pension Scheme)
:EPF Facts 4 – VPF (Voluntary Provident Fund)