Withdrawals from PPF permitted subject to the following conditions:
- Withdrawal can be from the end of 6th Financial Year.
- Maximum amount which can be withdrawn is limited to 50% of the amount appearing in the account at the end of 4th year preceding the year in which the amount is withdrawn or the end of the preceding year, whichever is lower.
- After 15 year, full amount can be withdrawn if the same is not carried forward to another block of 5 years.
- One withdrawal can be made every year starting from the 7th Financial Year.
- There is difference between loan and withdrawal. Loan amount is repayable whereas amount withdrawn is not repayable.
Must Read: PPF as an Investment and Tax saving option